NOTE: This is an update regarding Washington state paid family and medical leave. For full details on that program, please read our Washington state paid family and medical leave guide >>
Update: Effective January 1, 2022, the premium contribution rate will be increased to 0.6 percent of employee gross wages (excluding tips) up to the Social Security maximum wage base which is $147,000.00 for 2022.
Employers with less than 50 employers are not required to pay an employer portion of the premium. For those employers with 50 or more employees, employers will be responsible for up to 26.78% of the premium with employees paying the remaining 73.22%.
For those employers who have an approved voluntary plan, the premium contribution calculations may be different than those above.
For more information, please visit the Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave website.
Disclaimer:The information contained herein is not intended to be construed as legal advice, nor should it be relied on as such. Employers should closely monitor the rules and regulations specific to their jurisdiction(s) and should seek advice from counsel relative to their rights and responsibilities.