Arkansas minimum wage update
- Effective January 1, 2021, the state minimum wage is $11.00 per hour; the minimum base wage for tipped employees is $2.63 per hour.
- The state minimum wage requirements are applicable to all employers with four (4) or more employees.
- Any deficit between the state minimum wage and the tipped employee’s base wage plus tips must be made up by the employer.
- Permissible deductions which have the effect of reducing the employee’s minimum wage per hour include the following so long as such deductions are made in accordance with Arkansas minimum wage laws:
- Court ordered deductions;
- Wage assignments to a third party; or
- Deductions for board, lodging, apparel, or other items and services.
- For more information, please visit the Arkansas Department of Labor and Licensing website.